header graphic

Home Energy Assistance Program

If your energy bills are more than you can handle, HEAP may be able to help you heat your home.
The program may help you pay for: electricity, gas, oil, coal, propane, wood, or kerosene. Even if your heat and utilities are included in your rent, HEAP may be able to help you.

How Can I Apply?

If you are 60 or over, or under age 60 and disabled (receiving Code A SSI), Click here to go the the Department of Aging & Youth
Contact the Department of Aging and Youth at 421 Montgomery Street, Syracuse, NY 13202 (315) 435-2362.
You may apply in person, or by mail.

If you are under age 60, contact the Department of Social Services at (315) 435-8295.
421 Montgomery Street, Syracuse, NY 13202 Click here for DSS HEAP information

When can I Apply?

The 2008-2009 HEAP Season opens on November 3rd, 2008


footer graphic
Copyright © 2001- 2014 Onondaga County, New York  All Rights Reserved.   |  Ongov.net  |  Privacy Statement | Directions & Downtown Parking Maps