header graphic

Online Payments
Pay for Day Care, HEAP, Medicaid, Snap/Food Stamps, or Temporary Assistance

Commissioners Office
John H. Mulroy Civic Center
421 Montgomery St.
Syracuse NY, 13202

Welcome to the Onondaga County
Department of Social Services – Economic Security


Clients seeking SNAP and/or HEAP assistance may apply online at mybenefits.ny.gov or by mail or in person. The SNAP application/recertification can be downloaded via: http://otda.ny.gov/programs/applications/4826.pdf

Clients seeking Temporary Assistance are to check in on the 2nd floor of the Civic Center.

TA Recertifications are on the 13th floor of the Civic Center - 421 Montgomery St. Syracuse, NY 13202

Clients seeking Medicaid are to check in on the 7th floor of the County Office Building located at 600 South State Street.


NON-relative Care Givers Information


2018-2019 Onondaga County Employment Plan

2020-2021 Onondaga County Employment Plan - DRAFT


Mission Statement

The mission of the Department of Social Services-Economic Security is to accurately and efficiently administer support and services to county residents in a respectful manner where each person is treated fairly. Our staff is responsible for following state and federal guidelines for delivering appropriate assistance. The delivery of services will be conducted in a safe and supportive environment for members of our staff and the public. Our goal is to help people achieve their highest level of independence by providing quality service in a timely, efficient and dignified manner.


What You Should Know About Your Rights and Responsibilities - Book 1

What You Should Know About Your Rights and Responsibilities - Book 2

What You Should Know About Your Rights and Responsibilities - Book 3

Temporary Assistance Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Day Care
Chronic Care Medicaid Child Support
Fair Hearings Report Fraud Community Partner System
Kiosks Home Enegry Assistance Program NY my Benefits
To find out what benefits you may be eligible for, click on the mybenefits button
A Message from the Commissioner...
Sarah G. Merrick
SNAP/TA/HEAP LEP Complaint Form: https://otda.ny.gov/language/access/4987-EN.pdf

To Provide Feedback About the Disability Accessibility of An Onondaga County Department's Website, Click Here to Access the Department's Contact Page

© 2001-  Onondaga County, New York  All Rights Reserved.   |  Ongov.net  |  Privacy Statement | Directions & Parking | Language or Disability Access Assistance