header graphic
Connect with Onondaga County Like Us On FacebookFollow Us On Twitter See Us On Youtube

Online Payments
Pay for Child Care, HEAP, Medicaid, Snap/Food Stamps, or Temporary Assistance

Community Partner Info

Commissioners Office
John H. Mulroy Civic Center
421 Montgomery St.
Syracuse NY, 13202

Mon-Fri, 8am-4pm


Welcome to the Onondaga County
Department of Social Services – Economic Security

Corona Virus Update


Emergency Broadband Benefit Program

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Funeral Assistance

OTDA has created a helpline for those of you with questions regarding the Pandemic EBT (school lunch) Benefit. The number is 1-833-452-0096
This new benefit may be for you! The Affordable Connectivity Program is an FCC program that can help connect families and households to internet service. To find out if you may be eligible and steps to enroll, please follow this link.

You May be Eligible for Help Paying Overdue Water & Sewer Bills!

Visit Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) for more information.


Temporary Assistance/Emergency Assistance/SNAP/HEAP/DAYCARE


The public is asked to call 315-435-2700 if they want to apply for any of the above programs and to only come to the Civic Center in an emergency.

We are pleased to offer DSS callers a ‘Call Back’ feature. This feature offers callers the option to avoid wait times by simply choosing a prompt. When the prompt is chosen, callers will not lose their place in line and once the lines are open receive a call back. Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.


You may apply for SNAP (food stamps), Temporary Assistance, and HEAP (Home Energy Assistance Program) by going to:
- mybenefits.ny.gov


Mobile Doc Upload Links:

Google Play Store

Apple Apps

In need of childcare but not sure where to start? With the help of some partners, we have put together a presentation, "Navigating the Childcare Selection Process and Paying for Care," that can provide all the information you may need to learn about your childcare options. Click here to watch.

2 Gen Onondaga - Click Here2Gen Onondaga
A New Program through DSS-ES: Launching in 2022, 2Gen Onondaga will focus specifically on helping to break the cycle of generational poverty for families in our county.

Call 211 CNYNeed Assistance but not sure where to start? Dial 2-1-1 or visit 211CNY for help finding services for you.

NY Doc Submit
Click the image to visit the site or click the link below.
NY Doc Submit Spanish
Haga clic en la imagen para visitar el sitio o haga clic en el enlace a continuación.
Effective immediately, the NYDocSubmit App will be the main way to submit documentation for Temporary Assistance, SNAP, HEAP, and Medicaid. If you are unable to access the app, you can send documentation via fax, postal mail, or MyBenefits.gov.
We will no longer be accepting documents by email.

You can access NYDocSubmit via the Apple App Store and Google Play App Store for free.
For more information, please visit:https://otda.ny.gov/programs/nydocsubmit/ or call any of the numbers under ‘Contact Us’
Thank you for visiting today!


Onondaga County Department of Social Services-Economic Security (DSS-ES) is pleased to inform county residents that a free mobile device application, called NYDocSubmit, is available for individuals to use to submit necessary documents at any time. The mobile app allows individuals who have applied for or receive DSS Benefits to submit documents to the Department of Social Services at any time and can be downloaded through the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. By using the app, you are able to take photos of documents and then upload and send them to Onondaga County DSS-ES.

What can be submitted on the NYDocSubmit App?
All eligibility verification for SNAP, HEAP and Temporary assistance included but not limited to, identity verification (Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, Driver’s License), income verification such as pay stubs, shelter expense such as lease or rent receipt, verification of medical or daycare expenses if applicable, and utility bill(s).

    What cannot be submitted on the NYDocSubmit App?
  • Initial applications and recertification applications
  • Periodic reports and documents for the low-income daycare program
  • Documents containing sensitive information such as CPS case information, reports of suspected child abuse or maltreatment
  • Documents that contain information involving HIV or violence
  • Addresses that must remain confidential for safety reasons.

Applications for SNAP, HEAP, TA & Daycare must be submitted via mail, mybenefits.gov, or fax. We will no longer be accepting documents by email.
 APPLICATIONS for all stated programs should NOT be submitted through this system.

OnGov Rent Relief Kiosks Evicition Help

OTDA has created a helpline for those of you with questions regarding the Pandemic EBT (school lunch) Benefit. The number is 1-833-452-0096

Save money on your phone bills with lifeline! Click on the link below for details!!
Lifeline Flyer

To Provide Feedback About the Disability Accessibility of An Onondaga County Department's Website, Click Here to Access the Department's Contact Page

© 2001-  Onondaga County, New York  All Rights Reserved.   |  Ongov.net  |  Privacy Statement | Directions & Parking | Language or Disability Access Assistance