Voting by Absentee Ballot
1. You must fill out an application. You can print one from this page or you can call our office at 315-435-VOTE and we can mail you an application.
You may request an Absentee Ballot by sending a letter to your County Board of Elections. If applying with a letter, it must be received by the county Board of Elections no earlier than 30 days before the election. The letter must contain the following information:
• Your name and date of birth
• The address where you are registered
• An address where the ballot should be sent
• The reason for the request (Vacation, Permanent or Temporary Medical Disability,
Caregiver, detention in jail for an offense other than a felony waiting for a trial)
• The dates that you will be out of the county (optional)
• The signature of the voter
If the Absentee Ballot is mailed back to the Board of Elections, it must be postmarked by the day before the election and received no later than seven days after the election.