|[View Job Specification]||[View Printable Version]|
|DETENTION HOME AIDE (Part-Time)|
|Date Published: 03/16/2017|
|Open Competitive Examination #: None||Promotional Examination #: None|
|Application Deadline: 04/07/2017||Application Filing Fee (Non-Refundable): $0.00|
Hillbrook Juvenile Detention Facility is currently accepting applications and resumes for Part Time Detention Home Aides.
This position will be responsible for:
· Supervision of youth ages 10-16 in groups of up to 10 youth.
· Assist youth with daily routines, school and programs offered at Hillbrook.
· Occasional transports of youth outside the facility for appointments, etc.
· Oral and written reports.
· Routine security checks throughout the building.
· Process new admissions.
· Screens visitors, monitor and inspect visiting area.
· Operate main control panel, which involves answering incoming calls; controlling access to and from the facility including distribution and controlling building keys to staff; screening visits and monitoring walk-through weapons and metal detector; assisting in transfer of communications between staff on duty; and monitoring areas of the facility for security and safety.
Candidates should have compassion for working with youth 10-17 years old. Experience working with youth in detention setting is preferred, but not required.
Minimum Qualifications: Six (6) months of work experience, or its part time equivalent, as an aide, assistant, or in a leadership position working with youth (ages 6 and over) in a recognized program.
Hillbrook Detention Facility affords the opportunity to work with youth in a safe, secure and caring environment.
Base salary is: $16.8574/hour (number of hours will vary per week)
(This position does not offer benefits)
Please send resumes and applications to:
Vera Parsons, Administrative Officer
Hillbrook Detention Facility
4949 Velasko Road
Syracuse, New York 13215
Onondaga County is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer