Ordering Birth Certificates In Person
Note: Only the individuals listed on the original birth certificate (mother, father or child) are authorized to request and receive certified copies of a birth certificate. The person (applicant) making the request must be one of the above.
Certificates are issued at the time of request if a signed form of identification and payment are presented with a completed request form.
Payment may be made by Cash, Check, Money Order or Credit Card (VISA, Mastercard, or Discover). The fee is $30.00 for the first certified copy and $15.00 for each additional copy of the same certificate when ordered at the same time.
1. Please print and fill out a request form and bring it with you, or complete the form at the Office of Vital Statistics.
2. You must present a signed form of identification at the time you place the order. Examples of acceptable forms of identification are:
- Photo driver license with signature
- Non-driver photo license with signature
- Passport with signature
- Military ID with signature
- Employer's photo ID with signature
- Photo social services card with signature
3. If paying by credit card, the name of the credit card holder must match the applicant’s name and identification. If the name on the credit card is different than the name of the individual ordering the certificate, we will need to make a copy of the cardholder’s ID and the cardholder must be present to sign the receipt.