header graphic
Connect with Onondaga County Like Us On FacebookFollow Us On Twitter See Us On Youtube

Onondaga County/Syracuse Commission on Human Rights

Office of Diversity and Inclusion

John H. Mulroy Civic Center
15th Floor East 
421 Montgomery Street
Syracuse, NY 13202
(315) 435-3565

Free call for individuals housed at Jail or Jamesville (315) 435-3567

How to file a complaint

File a complaint if you think you have been discriminated against in the area of:
• Community Service • Criminal Justice System • Education
• Employment • Housing • Public Accommodations
• County Programs or Services
For one of the following reasons:
• Race • Creed • Ethnic Group
• Sex • Age • Familial Status
• Disability • Religion • Marital Status
• Sexual Orientation • National Origin

• Limited English Proficiency (LEP)/

  Primary Language Other Than English


Call the Commission on Human Rights at (315) 435-3565 and ask to speak with a member of our staff or click here for more information about the county's civil rights policy.

Persons held at the Onondaga County Jail or Jamesville Correctional can make a free and confidential phone call to our office at (315) 435-3567.  

Give your name, address, telephone number, and where you can be reached during the day between 9:00 am and 6:00 pm.

Tell us about the situation. Include names of persons involved and what actions they have taken; actions you have taken; the outcome you would want as a resolution; list of witnesses or persons knowledgeable about the situation and any other helpful information.

You can also print out this complaint form, fill it out with this information and mail it to our office.


Where to Send A Complaint

For individuals interacting with or affected by

the actions of Onondaga County



Onondaga County/Syracuse Commission on Human Rights
John H. Mulroy Civic Center

Office of Diversity & Inclusion - 15th Floor East
421 Montgomery Street Syracuse, NY 13202
(315) 435-3565


To Provide Feedback About the Disability Accessibility of An Onondaga County Department's Website, Click Here to Access the Department's Contact Page

© 2001-  Onondaga County, New York  All Rights Reserved.   |  Ongov.net  |  Privacy Statement | Directions & Parking | Language or Disability Access Assistance