Waste Hauler Offices
header graphic
Connect with Onondaga County Like Us On Facebook Follow Us On X (Twitter) Watch Us On Youtube
How do I ...? Index

How Do I Recycle or Dispose of ...? Grease
  Grease and oil from frying and cooking at home.

Grease has a nasty habit of clogging your pipes and sewer lines.

This can lead to backups and the need to hire a plumber to unclog them.

What Can I Do?
• For small amounts of grease from every day cooking, consider wiping pans with paper towels and disposing of them in the trash. Sometimes grease will solidify if left at room temperature. It can then be scraped into the trash.
• For larger amounts of grease, consider using a covered grease can. When it is full, put it in the trash.
• If you have a large amount of oil or grease, like the oil from a turkey fryer, it can be brought to the wastewater treatment plant for recycling. This is a free service that we provide to the community.

Oil & Grease Recycling Locations and Hours

You can bring used cooking oil & grease to our waste hauler facility located at 650 Hiawatha Boulevard West in Syracuse free of charge from 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM seven days a week. No appointment is required. Stop at our Waste Hauler Office and one of our friendly staff members will assist you.

Used cooking oil & grease may also be brought to Baker Commodities for recycling. Baker Commodities is located at 4716 Taft Park Drive, East Syracuse, NY 13057. Their hours are 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Please call 315-458-4901 to arrange for a time to dispose of grease.

Information and Links for Restaurants:

Information for Home Owners:

Helpful Videos:

Did this answer your question? If not, click here or call 315-435-2260 for more information.

footer graphic

To Provide Feedback About the Disability Accessibility of An Onondaga County Department's Website, Click Here to Access the Department's Contact Page

© 2001-  Onondaga County, New York  All Rights Reserved.   |  Ongov.net  |  Privacy Statement | Directions & Parking | Language or Disability Access Assistance