H. Mulroy Civic Center
421 Montgomery Street, 5th Floor
Syracuse, NY 13202
Hours: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM (Monday – Friday)
The objective of Adult Protective Services (APS) is to keep individuals over the age of 18
safe from harm due to their own inability to care for themselves
or because of neglect or abuse by others. Every effort is made
to keep individuals in the community, or in the least restrictive
environment. In order to do that the APS workers collaborate with
other community agencies that could provide needed services.
also assist individuals and families in obtaining:
• Entitlement programs (Medicaid, Social Security, SSI,
• Medical care
• Home care, and if necessary admission to assisted living programs,
adult homes, skilled
nursing facilities and mental health facilities
• Legal interventions, always starting with the least restrictive.
Legal interventions include
assisting an individual to find a representative
payee for Social Security benefits, review of
Powers of Attorney and accountings, filing for Orders of Protection, Access Orders or the
establishment of guardianships for the individual
• Other community services to meet the individual’s needs
Eligibility- 18 years or older with all 3 of the following characteristics:
• A mental or physical disability
• The individual is at risk of harm either by their own or others’ actions
• The individual has no one willing or able to responsibly assist.
Call 315-435-2815 to make a referral. You
may choose to have your call remain confidential or you may remain
anonymous. Alternatively, you can fax your concerns to 315-435-2801,
by clicking here or write us at:
Onondaga County Adult Protective
John H. Mulroy Civic Center
St., 5th Floor
Syracuse, NY 13202.
Be sure to include the
name of the individual you are concerned about, any of the individual’s
demographic information you know of, your concerns and how we can
reach you for more information.