header graphic
Connect with Onondaga County Like Us On FacebookFollow Us On Twitter See Us On Youtube

Online Payments
Pay for Day Care, HEAP, Medicaid, Snap/Food Stamps, or Temporary Assistance

Commissioners Office
John H. Mulroy Civic Center
421 Montgomery St.
Syracuse NY, 13202
Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) - Apply


HEAP home | How to Apply | Who is Eligible




How to Apply

Temporary Assistance and SNAP (formerly known as Food Stamps) households generally receive their Regular HEAP grant automatically through their case. Payments to households that pay for heat separate from their rent are sent to the heating vendor. Payments to households that have their heat included in their rent are paid directly to the household. To apply for Emergency HEAP, Temporary Assistance and SNAP recipients must contact the call center at 435-2700. See Emergency HEAP above.

Where to Apply

Individuals under 60 may apply in person on the 2nd floor of the Civic Center between the hours of 8:00 - 4:00, Monday – Friday.

Individuals that have received a benefit last season and do not have an emergency have mail-in rights and may call the office to have an application mailed.

Individuals who do not have an emergency and do not have mail-in rights may be interviewed by phone. Please call 435-8295 for more information.

If an individual cannot apply in person due to a handicap or because of his or her work schedule, a friend or relative may apply for them. The authorized representative must bring all necessary documents as well as a note from the individual they are applying for.

Individuals 60 or over, disabled or in receipt of Code A SSI that
do not have an emergency may contact the Office of Aging at (315) 435-2362 to apply by mail. All emergencies must apply in person. You must bring in your utility bill, proof of emergency, verification of tenant of record, proof of gross income for everyone in the household, ID for all household members and current resource documentation.

Helpful websites


To Provide Feedback About the Disability Accessibility of An Onondaga County Department's Website, Click Here to Access the Department's Contact Page

© 2001-  Onondaga County, New York  All Rights Reserved.   |  Ongov.net  |  Privacy Statement | Directions & Parking | Language or Disability Access Assistance