Did you know that you can now shop around for health insurance? The “NY State of Health” is the health insurance marketplace (exchange) for New Yorkers. You can shop, compare, and enroll in a low-cost, quality health insurance plan. It is the only place you can receive financial assistance (based on income) to lower health care costs even more.
Starting in 2014, health insurance companies cannot discriminate by charging more or denying coverage to people with pre-existing conditions. This applies to insurance coverage purchased both through the marketplace and outside of the marketplace.
Individuals called “Navigators” are available to help you apply for health insurance.
If you live in Onondaga County, call:
- ACR Health: 315.475.2430 or email@example.com
- Syracuse Northeast Community Center: 315.472.6343 Ext. 204
- Syracuse Salvation Army: 315.479.1155
To learn more about the “NY State of Health”:
- Visit nystateofhealth.ny.gov
- Call the Help Line toll free at 855.355.5777
Monday – Friday, 8 am - 8 pm
Saturday, 9 am - 1 pm
Pregnant? You may get insured now-
If you need a pregnancy test, you may get tested and apply for Presumptive Medicaid by calling:
- Family Planning Service at 315.435.3295 (three sites; walk-in hours available)
- Planned Parenthood at 315.475.5540, ext. 216.
Click here to download a pdf version of a flyer with this information.